Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Many Hats

Often I ‘ve written about my Children's book. Not mentioning my other hats that I have and do wear.

Well, I Will be added from time to time my many hats ( that is the blogs title – Wears Many Hats ).

So here is one hat that I have worn- A Renal-/Dietitian/Diabetes/ Heart-problems, ( whew) now that is a sentence and a half.

I became my fathers mainstay for all of his meals and diet. He had to have a well balance diet-So, I will help anyone out there with diet needs, and what to watch for-

Regarding Renal failure-etc, and how to help with Great Meals that they can enjoy- and Delicious. So just bare with me. I will help by posting a meal a week with all the nutrition FACTS.




Artichoke Dip    By dietitian Arlene from California

Portions: 10 Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Ingredients
  • 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons cream cheese
  • 1 large garlic clove, crushed
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce
  • 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
 
  • 1/2 vegetable, medium potassium
  • 2 fat
Helpful hints
Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
  2. Place artichoke hearts in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 6 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
  3. Chop artichoke hearts.
  4. In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce and garlic. Transfer mixture to a baking dish.
  5. Top with parmesan cheese. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly on top.
Renal and renal diabetic food choices
  • If canned or jarred artichokes in water are used instead of frozen, look for the lowest sodium brand. Rinse well to help reduce sodium.
  • Try this dip on toasted slices of baguette, crisp celery or with your favorite low-sodium crackers.
  • Tabasco© sauce is one of the lowest sodium hot pepper sauces
  • Nutrients per serving                                                                                             

    Nutrients per serving

    • Calories 119
    • Protein 2 g
    • Carbohydrates 3 g
    • Fat 11 g
    • Cholesterol 16 mg
    • Sodium 106 mg
    • Potassium 99 mg
    • Phosphorus 36 mg
    • Calcium 29 mg
    • Fiber 1.2 g

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: