Friday, September 17, 2010

Grace

 

 

 

I am Graced by God

From breakfast to dinner, meals are a time to bless and give thanks. By saying grace, whether silently or aloud, I acknowledge that God is my source and that food is God's gift of vitality, energy and strength. I am grateful for and aware of God's activity in my life, and I radiate this appreciation from my heart to the gifts before me. A blessing of gratitude makes the meal even more nourishing.

Whether grabbing a snack prepared by someone else's loving hands or serving a meal I have prepared, I recognize that I am graced by God. Anytime I nourish my body today, I praise God for the goodness that is ever present. Thank you, God, for the gift before me today; I am blessed in every way.

He took bread; and giving thanks to God in the presence of all, he broke it and began to eat.--Acts 27:35

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: